Plant Science into Practice
NIAB is a major international centre for plant research, crop evaluation and agronomy — a unique national resource, with nearly 100 years of experience and an internationally recognised reputation for independence, innovation and integrity.
- @NIABTAG: Last change to register: NIAB Pumpkin event, 29/09.16 pumpkin & 6 winter squash varieties ready for display… https://t.co/nUyoQyKm41
- @NIABTAG: NIAB Pumpkin event, 29/09.16 pumpkin & 6 winter squash varieties on display https://t.co/agcuioKJK2 @BritishGrowers https://t.co/mUNQziGEtU
- @NIABTAG: GM or non-GM; it’s the trait silly! Read Jim Orson's latest blog: https://t.co/zmKTVpiUAU https://t.co/SZkLynwdkU
- @NIABTAG: Membership agronomy update out 2day: OSR flea beetle, slugs, aphids, phoma. Winter cereal drilling & grassweed control, aphids & BYDV
- @NIABTAG: NEWS: Farming 'cookbook' reveals the ground breaking benefits of cover cropping https://t.co/GNL0GxFyNW
- @NIABTAG: Our WOSR variety plots @CerealsEvent looking well in the sun today, very little CSFB grazing but some blw & vol wwt https://t.co/kS8JBxWu5t
- @NIABTAG: NIAB Pumpkin event, 29/09.16 pumpkin & 6 winter squash varieties on display https://t.co/agcuioKJK2 @BritishGrowers https://t.co/fZPMAQrWxW
- @NIABTAG: VACANCY: Research Assistant (Entomologist), fixed term until 31/03/17, Kent based. https://t.co/ruMmVZWKsS @EMRComms https://t.co/r2uxXcclIh
News and Events
- NEWS: Farming 'cookbook' reveals the ground breaking benefits of cover cropping
- NEWS: 2017 Forage Maize and Biogas Maize Descriptive Lists issued by BSPB
- NEWS: Dr Roger Carline is new Commercial Director at NIAB
- NEWS: UK wine industry sees establishment of new research consortium
Horticulture and environment research, specialising in top & soft fruit sectors
National Agronomy Centre
The NAC initiative is our commitment to communication of openly funded agronomic research to the Industry.
Expert scientific and analytical services for farmers and industry.
NIAB TAG Network
Network members gain access to:
- The largest, and longest-running, independent variety and agronomy dataset and trials programme in the UK
- Exclusive NIAB TAG Publications
- Regular technical updates
- Timely access to trial results and R&D through our exclusive events programme
ARTIS – Training
Improve your farming skills and knowledge and optimise your crop performance.
Promoting the power of plant genetic innovation, by providing a living, year-round showcase of new crop technology. Visit website...
NIAB TAG is holding a number of events at its locations around the UK in 2016.
GM or non-GM; it’s the trait silly!
21/09/2016 by Jim Orson
" It is a fair time since I vented my spleen over the absurdity behind the public’s misguided views on the environmental impacts of GM crops. It is not the public’s fault; they have been led along the garden path by the green blob. A basis of the registration process fo... "