Plant Science into Practice
NIAB is a major international centre for plant research, crop evaluation and agronomy — a unique national resource, with nearly 100 years of experience and an internationally recognised reputation for independence, innovation and integrity.
- @NIABTAG: The science marquee is up for NIAB Cambridge Open Day on 28/6. See you there, rain or fair https://t.co/7vUXSeJOiB https://t.co/6DNsrWit54
- @NIABTAG: Black-grass has voted to remain; Jim Orson reviews the season https://t.co/hROpvtOYML https://t.co/p6G1Z2HyUN
- @NIABTAG: Last chance to reg. for NIAB Cambridge Open Day on 28/6. Free & open to all. Hog roast 12pm https://t.co/S8R1k4GQRF https://t.co/GEu04TkWb9
- @NIABTAG: Meet forage expert Jo Matthews @AHDB_BeefLamb Grass Research Day, NIAB Headley Hall 29 June https://t.co/RCdrL8CkZj https://t.co/iQtiEpkEWy
- @NIABTAG: The @OpenfieldTM team are ready to talk grain marketing at the #niabtag Morley Open Day today https://t.co/iKdWiffSoK
- @NIABTAG: A rainy Morley Open Day made even better by a chat with Bill & Patrick; we're open from 10-2 https://t.co/f6yYkOQaYB
- @NIABTAG: VACANCY: Post-Doctoral Researcher to be based at NIAB, Cambridge https://t.co/FbNtc4CvU5 https://t.co/RcCmVaa6cB
- @NIABTAG: Reg closing soon for NIAB Cambridge Open Day on 28/6. Free & open to all https://t.co/S8R1k4GQRF https://t.co/3PFSJdM7GO
- @NIABTAG: Eastern Daily Press: Cereals 2016 - NIAB digs deeper for knowledge in the ‘soil pit’ https://t.co/gueME7Ahoe https://t.co/CCVfPf3ud3
- @NIABTAG: Last chance to register: Morley Open Day, 23/06. 10am start with final tour at 1.30pm https://t.co/tLwshFG87U https://t.co/RhOzLQ3MUw
- @NIABTAG: 28/06 is Cambridge Open Day. Science Seminar places full. Plenty to see/learn at our field demos & agronomy seminars https://t.co/S8R1k4GQRF
News and Events
- NEWS: NIAB EMR's Gloria Endredi wins BASIS award
- NEWS: Fifth and final round of applications for the Community Resource for Wheat Transformation is open until 31st May 2016
- NEWS: New business development manager and regional agronomist appointments at NIAB
- EVENT: Putting innovation into practice at Cereals
Horticulture and environment research, specialising in top & soft fruit sectors
National Agronomy Centre
The NAC initiative is our commitment to communication of openly funded agronomic research to the Industry.
Expert scientific and analytical services for farmers and industry.
NIAB TAG Network
Network members gain access to:
- The largest, and longest-running, independent variety and agronomy dataset and trials programme in the UK
- Exclusive NIAB TAG Publications
- Regular technical updates
- Timely access to trial results and R&D through our exclusive events programme
ARTIS – Training
Improve your farming skills and knowledge and optimise your crop performance.
Promoting the power of plant genetic innovation, by providing a living, year-round showcase of new crop technology. Visit website...
NIAB TAG is holding a number of events at its locations around the UK in 2016.
Black-grass votes to remain
24/06/2016 by Jim Orson
" We may have voted to leave the EU but black-grass has decided to remain. It is hard to generalise but for many, particularly those who have yet to grasp fully the enormity of the problem, there has been a backward step this year in its control in winter wheat. Some farmers still ... "