Plant Science into Practice
NIAB is a major international centre for plant research, crop evaluation and agronomy — a unique national resource, with nearly 100 years of experience and an internationally recognised reputation for independence, innovation and integrity.
- @NIABTAG: Goodbye Adisham, hello East Malling. NIAB TAG's SE trials team has officially moved to our @EMRComms NIAB EMR site https://t.co/yJvGgv0jc9
- @NIABTAG: BLOG: Jim Orson comments on this year’s wheat harvest and average wheat yields https://t.co/8g5lhw7Hdx https://t.co/naGo2FayCE
- @NIABTAG: Join us on 7/11 for our talking shop 'Using & reducing waste from fresh produce'. Hosted by NIAB with @AgriTechEast… https://t.co/hnD3yqhpU9
- @NIABTAG: Members Agronomy Update out 2day: propyzamide timing, charlock control, phoma, cereal pre-ems, aphids, fritfly & slugs, & wbns herbs
- @NIABTAG: Our @EMRComms colleagues are busy at @Nationalfruit exhibiting @ARTIStraining & their fruit research and breeding p… https://t.co/DIbmCVZzSW
- @NIABTAG: NIAB TAG wheat plots nicely emerged @CerealsEvent 2017 site https://t.co/xwn0bSlfp6
- @NIABTAG: Latest info sheets on the New Farming Systems (NFS) study are available https://t.co/nfUkekjzrU https://t.co/Q5LUKPuNOk
- @NIABTAG: A snapshot of a NIAB TAG membership field day with regional agronomist Patrick Stephenson at Bainton https://t.co/IowzHiZ7q1
- @NIABTAG: Members Agronomy Update out today: winter cereal drilling, pre-em residual herbicides, woat weed control, cereal aphids, phoma, OSR aphids
News and Events
- Goodbye Adisham, hello East Malling
- NEWS: NIAB’s Ian Mackay is making crop genetics magical as UEA Visiting Professor
- UKCPVS news: Major revision to wheat yellow rust disease ratings
- TRAINING: Booking now open for 'Quantitative methods in plant breeding' course in March 2017
Horticulture and environment research, specialising in top & soft fruit sectors
National Agronomy Centre
The NAC initiative is our commitment to communication of openly funded agronomic research to the Industry.
Expert scientific and analytical services for farmers and industry.
NIAB TAG Network
Network members gain access to:
- The largest, and longest-running, independent variety and agronomy dataset and trials programme in the UK
- Exclusive NIAB TAG Publications
- Regular technical updates
- Timely access to trial results and R&D through our exclusive events programme
ARTIS – Training
Improve your farming skills and knowledge and optimise your crop performance.
Promoting the power of plant genetic innovation, by providing a living, year-round showcase of new crop technology. Visit website...
NIAB TAG is holding a number of events at its locations around the UK in 2016.
Average wheat yields
21/10/2016 by Jim Orson
" Defra has recently published its preliminary estimate of this year’s UK cereals and oilseed rape harvest. It suggests that wheat averaged 7.9 t/ha and oilseed rape a lowly 3.1 t/ha. Defra, like everyone else, has suggested that the wheat yield was ‘average’. Tha... "