Plant Science into Practice
NIAB is a major international centre for plant research, crop evaluation and agronomy — a unique national resource, with nearly 100 years of experience and an internationally recognised reputation for independence, innovation and integrity.
- @NIABTAG: NIAB EMR launches viticulture research consortium https://t.co/qUFxoY4j9u https://t.co/05EXWJSldp
- @NIABTAG: NIAB awarded @bbsrc @NewtonFund @embrapa project funding on leaf rust resistance in Brazilian wheat https://t.co/3Osc91hQ5S
- @NIABTAG: 25/08 NIAB Courgette Variety Trials & Outdoor Cucurbit Growers Group R&D mtg https://t.co/MSI2i6eFr6 @BritishGrowers https://t.co/kUeOtJP1Z4
- @NIABTAG: #Brexit! Orson's Oracle & the huge challenge facing UK food producers to make their case https://t.co/qUmKcaAaHD https://t.co/1tiuSwwmwS
- @NIABTAG: NIAB EMR @EMRComms vineyard 7,000 m2, 2k plants, 10 vars, 1 unique vineyard #fruitfocus16 https://t.co/7K8SJcnXhh
- @NIABTAG: Intro to the @EMRComms R&D vineyard with Julien Lecourt on the #fruitfocus16 tours https://t.co/OlFbuEjxXk
- @NIABTAG: Our technical director Bill Clark summarising @EMRComms work for the #fruitfocus16 film crew https://t.co/yExNGLlPMY
- @NIABTAG: VACANCY: Research Assistant to work on UKCPVS project. https://t.co/tqayrjheLn About UKCPVS: https://t.co/lOfFGChcyN https://t.co/wJudVmtMUU
News and Events
- NEWS: UK wine industry sees establishment of new research consortium
- CASE STUDY: Kellogg's Origins
- NEWS: NIAB EMR's Gloria Endredi wins BASIS award
- NEWS: Fifth and final round of applications for the Community Resource for Wheat Transformation is open until 31st May 2016
Horticulture and environment research, specialising in top & soft fruit sectors
National Agronomy Centre
The NAC initiative is our commitment to communication of openly funded agronomic research to the Industry.
Expert scientific and analytical services for farmers and industry.
NIAB TAG Network
Network members gain access to:
- The largest, and longest-running, independent variety and agronomy dataset and trials programme in the UK
- Exclusive NIAB TAG Publications
- Regular technical updates
- Timely access to trial results and R&D through our exclusive events programme
ARTIS – Training
Improve your farming skills and knowledge and optimise your crop performance.
Promoting the power of plant genetic innovation, by providing a living, year-round showcase of new crop technology. Visit website...
NIAB TAG is holding a number of events at its locations around the UK in 2016.
Brexit exposes lack of agricultural knowledge
22/07/2016 by Jim Orson
" I usually read the opinion columns in The Times. They are generally thoughtful and at times provocative. However, I was dismayed by the lack of understanding of agriculture shown in a piece by Emma Duncan on 9th July. She is an assistant editor of The Economist and so, in my view... "