Plant Science into Practice
NIAB is a major international centre for plant research, crop evaluation and agronomy — a unique national resource, with nearly 100 years of experience and an internationally recognised reputation for independence, innovation and integrity.
- @NIABTAG: Jim Orson asks where the N retained by cover crops ends up? https://t.co/fXis4EENEN https://t.co/EznD9wSlM5
- @NIABTAG: Friday morning visit to our @CerealsEvent stand (718). Technical video summary to follow next week https://t.co/M7Pu23l7B6
- @NIABTAG: Thanks to those that came to our Hereford Open Day with NIAB's Simon, Rich & Mike. Better weather than last year! https://t.co/ddJm3gzj52
- @NIABTAG: EVENT: EMR Association/@AHDB_Hort Strawberry Walk - 16 June 2016, Kent https://t.co/zx3YDsE2CT @EMRComms https://t.co/zXZrFoHDzL
- @NIABTAG: Continuing changes in dominant YR races in wwt. Send samples to UKCPVS @ NIAB https://t.co/xCdeweFjbl https://t.co/lIKd1T2kuF
- @NIABTAG: ..cont goutfly in swt, seed weevils in wosr & disease, beetles & aphids in pulses.
- @NIABTAG: Busy members agronomy update out 2day. wwt flag leaf spray, YR, protein enhancement, late weed control, woat & sbly fungs...2/
- @NIABTAG: Take a look at some of our free events coming up in May & June. Registration essential https://t.co/jQlIFSrMWV https://t.co/3Np6E7PFf1
- @NIABTAG: 25/08 #Courgettes & #Cucurbits event #horticulture #freshproduce @BritishGrowers @basnapier https://t.co/MSI2i6eFr6 https://t.co/nFZ40wN5Hn
- @NIABTAG: Last chance to register: STAR Open Day 26/5 in Suffolk https://t.co/BfwY7qJHcS https://t.co/Tk9KvPjwm1
- @NIABTAG: Join us at Hereford Open Day on 26/05.Over 30 WOSR displayed, variety + agronomy advice https://t.co/S9Ii9bCdIE https://t.co/k58x9enau1
News and Events
- NEWS: Fifth and final round of applications for the Community Resource for Wheat Transformation is open until 31st May 2016
- NEWS: New business development manager and regional agronomist appointments at NIAB
- EVENT: Putting innovation into practice at Cereals
- NEWS: Dr Alison Bentley is new plant breeding lead at NIAB
Horticulture and environment research, specialising in top & soft fruit sectors
National Agronomy Centre
The NAC initiative is our commitment to communication of openly funded agronomic research to the Industry.
Expert scientific and analytical services for farmers and industry.
NIAB TAG Network
Network members gain access to:
- The largest, and longest-running, independent variety and agronomy dataset and trials programme in the UK
- Exclusive NIAB TAG Publications
- Regular technical updates
- Timely access to trial results and R&D through our exclusive events programme
ARTIS – Training
Improve your farming skills and knowledge and optimise your crop performance.
Promoting the power of plant genetic innovation, by providing a living, year-round showcase of new crop technology. Visit website...
NIAB TAG is holding a number of events at its locations around the UK in 2016.
Where does all the nitrogen go?
27/05/2016 by Jim Orson
" I have tried cover crops on my allotment over the last year. They looked great in mid-October (see pictures), with the late-summer sown phacelia and vetch growing to an enormous size before being killed by the mild frosts of this last winter. Early-autumn sown spring oats also gr... "